Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Before I leave... ...Irish weather

The thing that always amazed me here in Dublin is the blue sky. It can be this bright blue colour.
Of course I won't miss the rain. But seriously. I got more rain in the Netherlands than I got here in Dublin. If it rained it was only for a few minutes. Of course, I cycled through the occasional rain, but it was seldom that I had to wear protective clothing. Even in a rainy season it was very rare that I had to wear it for more than 3 times in a row. (morning and afternoon). After that I would leave the stuff mostly at home. So there you have it, let's promote the good weather in Ireland and forget about the "oh, it always rains in Ireland".
Ok tourists might have a different impression. But there is a secret to Irish weather. There are two summers in Ireland: May and September. When it's really summertime, it rains. But then you just feck off to a warm country to enjoy the sun!
No, I'm not doing that. I'm leaving for a lot longer than just one summer.

Yes I remember the dreadful summer of 2008. Where it rained non-stop. Well, at least it seemed that way. At the moment I'm very grateful that I get to experience the wonderful summertime with bright blue skies here in Dublin. It just paints a smile on my face!

This morning someone sang: "Where ever you go, always take the weather with you". I heard it was raining in the Dominican Republic. Don't think the Irish would be happy if I took this gorgeous weather away from them. People could save on their holidays this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment